I was lost until Christ showed me my true purpose of life.
I entered the house of Christian on near end of April 2011 and I knew my purpose of life. My dear friend, Liyen, she invited me to her church and I did go. She opened my eyes and I was welcomed to the family. But that time I wasn’t still sure I chose the right path due to family’s uncertainty toward Christianity.
It started on the last day of examination of my 1st semester and the paper was ‘Political Science’. It was my most fearful subject of the semester. I studied 3 days without sleep. I put a lot of sweat and breathe onto it just to get a pass. Once I opened the 1st page. Everything was blank, I couldn’t even lift up my pen because I was in fear and tears. I didn’t know what to do. I prayed to God and God only. After prayed to him for 5 minutes, I read back the question, half of myself came back to me. I tried to answer all of them and I did. Turns out, I felt great about the paper. I do not know how to give praises to God. Until I recalled that Liyen invited me to her church.
When the result of the examination came out near end of May, I got a ‘Pass’ for my Political Science while many fail this particular paper. God answered my prayer and I gave my praises to him. I understand that God have purpose in my life and he has plan for every moment to my life. Sometimes he fail you doesn’t mean he’s not helping you. He fail you because he wants you to learn from you mistakes and never make them again or maybe that particular prayer wasn’t meant for me to have it. I do understand why God did this.
I was an non-believer to any religion because Science is the answer of everything. But it wasn’t totally true.
I went to the same church for the next 3 to 4 weeks non-stop even I had to lie and argued with my parents because I did enjoy time at church. I was a stubborn fellow. Until there’s one verse in the Bible says that
‘Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right’ –Ephesians 6:1
so I must obey my parents and even they asked me not to go the church because it is a long distance and required me to travel 30 minutes. But my parents never stop me from going to churches so whenever I study in Kampar, I go to Kampar churches. After going to spending time with God, my dearest mother saw the changes within me and asked me was it Christ that changed my life and I answered Yes. Even both of my brothers didn’t disagree because they believe that everyone have their own ways and believes.
I used to think negatively towards people and I was shy talking to people. But Christ opened my eyes and I think positively towards people and I keep trying to talk to people even if they are strangers.
In my campus, UTAR, Kampar, there’s a society called Christian Fellowship. Liyen again invited me and I did go. It wasn’t a regret, it was a reward to my heart. I meet a lot of new faces whom they are friendly and kind. I know God and Christ even more. I have never felt so welcome in my life. Other than my friends, most of Christian friends know my talent and strength.
In the middle of June or July, I went back to Ipoh and bought myself a Bible because I wanted to know Christ more but I hardly find myself the time because I am studying ‘Public Relation’ which is one of the busiest course offered by UTAR.
Until my new friend, Steven Teh, he told me I can register ‘Our Daily Bread’ which is kinda similar to Bible but it’s divided into 3 months study. So I did register but it is still have not reach into my hands today (25th of November).
I have never been more happier to be in the family of Christ and I have never regretted it. But my parents do not allow me to baptize because I’m still studying. They will allow me once I finish studying and I will respect their words.
Until now, there’s only one person I always wanted to give thanks to, it’s Liyen…if it was you who asked me to go to your church, I will never be this happy. I also want to give thank to my Senior, Chang En for being my friend and my guide to Christ in Cell Group of Christian Fellowship. I want to give Thanks to Daniel Chew for guiding me to Christian knowledge. I want to give thousand thanks to all the Christian out there making me felt so welcome. I thank you all. God bless all your kind heart.
No comments:
Post a Comment